[CQ-Contest] Is RTTY Only a Contest Mode?

To: Reflector Cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Is RTTY Only a Contest Mode?
From: ko7ss--- via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 05:24:16 +0000 (UTC)
It seems to be a contest only mode and a great one it is!

No CW skills required, it's been 13 years since hams in the US had to learn
code, and the pool of 25+ wpm CW contesters
will continue to decrease through attrition. CW contests are not growing in #
of full time competitors. Go ahead tell me you
put in the full 24 hours in last years CWSS and had fun on Sunday.

RTTY contests are everyone works everyone for points, exchanges at 45 WPM can
be short and fast, skimmer use is allowed
and encouraged. N1MM+ has made the initial startup easy. The bands for
contesting are huge-7040-7125 and 14080-14150
and are packed band edge to band edge.Skimmers and bandmaps make fast S&P easy.
It's all about making Q's and my
bandmaps have lots of call to work when operating my time runs out!

The alternative to CW / RTTY contests is phone contests......

73, Bill KO7SS in Arizona