Re: [CQ-Contest] Is RTTY Only a Contest Mode?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is RTTY Only a Contest Mode?
From: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 14:39:03 -0600
The limited success of RTTY on a dxpedition is not due to the mode specifically.  Rahter it's because callers tend to work RTTY like they do a CW pileup, but generally with even less skill.  On top of that the RTTY control op on the dxpedition end rarely has the skill needed to get solid rates.

FTx by contrast is a winner for dxpeditions because it addresses all these operational problems - meaning higher effective throughput - and benefits further in the capability to work against a lower SNR.  In the end, a wider set of callers are served which makes it the silver bullet for dxpeditions.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com