Re: [CQ-Contest] Is RTTY Only a Contest Mode?

To: Dave Barr <hdbarr@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is RTTY Only a Contest Mode?
From: Stanley Zawrotny <k4sbz.stan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 11:15:46 -0500
>> The simplicity of FT# one-push qsos has attracted many new and some not so
>> new hams to digital operation, a good thing, but I am afraid that it also
>> reflects the reluctance of many of us to have a conversation, to have
>> communication of more than just a couple of letters and numbers. <<

I am always amazed when I read/hear someone complain about no conversations
with FT8, but it seems acceptable that there are no conversations in DXing or
contesting. The only difference is that sometimes with DXing and contesting,
you have to push two keys instead of one.🧐

Stan, K4SBZ

"Real radio bounces off the sky."