Re: [CQ-Contest] 3 and 4 letter contesting callsigns

To: Mike Smith VE9AA <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 3 and 4 letter contesting callsigns
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 14:08:59 -0600
I agree I tried it once and it drove me nuts!

But just looked and yup it is in N1MM+

you can set it from 1 letter to as many as you want  like in his example you tell in the set up 2

so after you typed in the 7 it starts to transmit.

What I did not like is, I type as I hear the call, so I am hearing E7 and am typing I may hear the D but maybe not before the transmitter kicks in and miss the X all together..  I can see this is only good if you copy the whole call first before typing much.

Joe WB9SBD