Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Contest Multioperator Station Guidelines

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Contest Multioperator Station Guidelines
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 15:41:41 -0600
Here's the translation for how this went down....

Some European contesters, who probably aren't ARRL members, really like the idea of having IARU-contest HQ-like stations in other contests. They use their supposed concern over COVID to push for their goal.

The ARRL PSC, without consulting their own Contest Advisory Committee (CAC), agreed to some poorly thought-out guidelines, many of which make no sense.

The ARRL announces this on the day of CQWW SSB, clearly as a slam on the CQ Contest Committee (see W7VO's "noting that the CQ committee....").

If the ARRL really gave a damn about COVID, these guidelines would apply immediately to all ARRL contests. I'm sure the excuse is that it's too late to get it in QST for SS, ARRL 10 or ARRL 160. Since the printed copy of QST no longer publishes the rules, but only has a web link to the rules, that's malarkey.

73,
Steve, N2IC