Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Contest Multioperator Station Guidelines

To: n2ic@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Contest Multioperator Station Guidelines
From: "rjairam@gmail.com" <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 23:21:43 -0400
Based on my discussions with my colleagues this wasn’t only based on the
wishes of some EU contesters. It was based on input from a number of people.

And it’s for one year only.

Absent this rule the only people really running M/M would have been remote
stations. This accommodation gives more people the opportunity to play this
go around.

Saying this is a slam on the CQWW contest committee sounds almost like
paranoia to me. I really doubt that ARRL wants to hurt CQ contests. Not in
the least. In fact in many cases the PSC really doesn’t care what the CQWW
CC does. They really don’t. ARRL contests are viewed as a unique set of
events and the rules aren’t harmonized with CQ on purpose.

So maybe we can just move on and see how it goes. Next year it returns to
normal.

Ria
N2RJ