Re: [CQ-Contest] Increasing the Number of Workable Stations

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Increasing the Number of Workable Stations
From: K8MR via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 12:30:12 +0000 (UTC)
I overlooked another relevant rule that needs to be looked at:

General Rules:

   - 3.3.  An operator may not use more than one call sign from any given
location during the contest period. (Sandwiched in between is rule 3.4 which
has no bearing here)

These two rules also appear to have another unintended consequence:  remote
stations.   As I read things, a remote station, rental or otherwise, could not
be used with more than one callsign during a given contest.  Not an issue for
the major contests where somebody rents a remote superstation for an entire
contest, but it will matter for causal operators who would just like to get on
for a while and add to the workable stations on the air.

This rule also needs to go.

73  -  Jim   K8MR