CT-User

[ct-user] CT sensing/polling the radio

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT sensing/polling the radio
From: aef8w@aztec.asu.edu (PAUL M. PLAYFORD) (PAUL M. PLAYFORD)
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 11:38:35 -0700 (MST)

N30C / V26OC posted a method of running CT under Windows 95 that seemed
resonable so I decided to give it a try.  And it works!  OK, CT works
as good as it does under DOS anyway.

Follow the step by step that I did:

running CT under Windows 95

Select:
My Computer
Control Panel
System
Hardware Profiles
Copy
    CT
    OK
OK

Reboot computer
When boot process stops select the CT configuration

Select:
My Computer
Control Panel
System
Device Manager

Double click on:
Ports (COM & LPT)

Select:
Communication Port (COM1)
Remove
Remove from specific configuration
OK
No

Repeat from "Double click on:" until all undesired COM & LPT ports are removed

reboot computer to CT configuration and install/run CT.

NOTE:  If/when you want to delete the new hardware profile boot the computer to
a different profile

Select:
My Computer
Control Panel
System
Hardware Profiles

Pick the unwanted profile

Paul Playford, W8AEF                      twisted pair:    602/580-0015
35639 North 3rd Street                    internet: aef8w@aztec.asu.edu
Phoenix, AZ  85027-7405          I'm retired - doing nothing IS my job!