CT-User

[ct-user] "Stutter" in transmitted CW

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] "Stutter" in transmitted CW
From: Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 01:01:08 -0500
Check your keyboard.

A couple of winters ago, desperate to work Heard Island, I threw up a
temporary 80M inverted vee that had one leg too close (and parallel to the
coax.) It was also very close to the shack. I experienced severe stutter and
sometimes even continuous key-down when sending CW on 80M at high power with
CT. Obviously, there was a lot of RF in the shack. Eventually I traced the
problem to RF getting into the computer via the keyboard. Switching to a
different keyboard I happened to have lying around solved the problem.

You might try putting some RFI beads on the keyboard leads to see if that
helps.

Now the antennas are 250'-350' from the shack and all is well with CT
(Kenwood TS950SDX).

73, Dick, WC1M