RE: [Karlnet] 200mW cards

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: RE: [Karlnet] 200mW cards
From: John Tully <tully@mikrotik.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 13:34:15 +0300
Hello,

For the 200mW Prism card MikroTik is selling, we have tested the power in comparison to 100mW Cisco 350s and found 3dB higher output (meaning 200mW). We have also check the amplifier chip in the card and it is a RF Micro Devices 250mW amplifier. Part number RF2163.

Specifications link:
http://www.rfmd.com/DataBooks/db97/2163.pdf

I have no reason to doubt this is not what the manufacturer claims it to be. I do think that it has been mis-labeled and the FCC number on it is not correct. I am contacting the manufacturer to clear this us.

John Tully

MikroTik
www.mikrotik.com