[Karlnet] AP Plus Client connectivity

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] AP Plus Client connectivity
From: "Ian Hastie" <ian@linkit.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:51:36 +1200
I have already deployed the AP+ and RG SEC Sats which are working OK, just
now the client wants to know if the AP+ will support USB clients or wireless
clients?
I tried to connect with a PC client and could access the radio network but
not connect to the ethernet side of the AP.

I am prob wrong but I thought the AP+ was still running as a true 802.11b AP
hence it should do.

So please clarify the following is correct

1) A Karlnet AP-Plus load in an RG1000 or AP1000 will only allow RG1000's
running SEC Client load to connect to them. eg it is no longer running
802.11b complaint thus USB etc wont connect

2) An RG1000 with SR 4500 SEC Client load will talk to
i) Any Std 802.11b AP eg RG1000 with AP500 load
ii) Only the SEC AP Plus  in an RG1000 or AP1000 presently

Before I go out again and waste alot of time on site...

Regards
Ian Hastie
LINKIT
NEW ZEALAND