Re: [Karlnet] Help with nat and access list

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Help with nat and access list
From: helio@compuland.com.br
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 15:03:05 -0300
Hi Ryan:

> I believe that the access list requires the physical radio MAC, not the
> ethernet MAC.

Thanks ! That's correct.

  KarlNet NAT setup has always been a little weird in my
> opinion.  The way we set it up to work is by not enabling bridging or
> routing (it does work with bridging enabled but we don't really want it to
> bridge all traffic).  Since you need routing for interface 2 and 3 try
> removing
> the direct route for intf 1 and adding that IP address as the private IP in
> the
> NAT setup.

I've tried that a few minutes ago. I removed the direct route and, although the
ip 10.0.0.1 appears in  the ip table and I can "ping" to it from the ethernet,
NAT still does not work... :(

But I think I'm getting closer :) . Thanks a lot,

Helio.
-
CompuLand ISP Admin
GnuPG Public Key: http://www.compuland.com.br/helio/gpgpublic.txt