[Karlnet] Configurator v. 4.00.13 BUGS

To: <karlnet@wispnotes.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] Configurator v. 4.00.13 BUGS
From: "Bob Hrbek" <bhrbek@jagwireless.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:09:30 -0500
Has anybody really tried to use this app?   When doing site surveys with the
thing, I've found that the link analysis will freak out.

Exactly what happens is I position the antenna until the signal led (on the
rg) turns green.  I then initiate a link test on my laptop and move the
antenna around until I get the best signal.  However, if I completely lose
communications with your AP I get an SNMP error (which is fine) but the next
time I try to initiate a link analysis, it says one is already running.
Even if I close the configurator and re-open it, I get the same error, when
trying to initiate the link analysis.  It doesn't seem to time out either as
I've left my laptop for over 30 mins and I still get the same errrors.

I've never run into this before with the older configurators.  I'll often
leave the laptop running and the RG hooked to an OMNI or panel on the truck
and restart the link analysis at each test site.  However, with the new
configurator, I have to REBOOT to get it working again.  VERY FRUSTRATING.

-Bob