Re: [Karlnet] Nat and Route on an AP-1000?

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Nat and Route on an AP-1000?
From: helio@compuland.com.br
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 17:37:38 -0200
On 3 Nov 2002, at 1:25, Bob Hrbek wrote:

> Can I route and NAT on an AP-1000 at the same time using the ISP base bin?

In my experience, no. I've tried to do so in two different bridges and it does
not work. I've exchanged some e-mails with Doug, I've sent to him the
configuration of my bridges, but never heard from him again about the issue.

I was told that with you NAT, do not route. If you route, do not NAT...

> I have a customer that I setup as a relay and I'd like to route between the
> wireless interfaces and nat from the Ethernet to an IP on the wireless side.
>
> We tried setting it up but it didn't work at all.  Anybody ever try this?

Would like so, but didn't manage to.
The solution ? Use a valid ip in the ethernet and do NAT using a box
running Coyote Linux or a small router (linksys, etc)...

Regards,
Helio.

-
CompuLand ISP Admin