[Karlnet] Having random outages, Karlnet AP1000, RG Clients - Help

Subject: [Karlnet] Having random outages, Karlnet AP1000, RG Clients - Help
From: "Brett Hays" <bretth@htonline.net>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 14:48:00 -0500
I am hoping someone on the list with more experience than me can tell me what
may be going on here or has had a similar problem and solved it.

4.31 Karlnet on AP1000, amped omni

21 RG1100 clients (all on 4.31)

At random times and never lasting more than 10 minutes or so, from 4 to 7 of
the clients will be down.  The clients that go down share nothing in common as
far as geography or signal strength, etc.  In terms of signal, some of the best
and some of the worst are involved...In terms of geography, I have two clients
with identical hardware on either side of the same street, the one closer to
the tower is always involved in this problem and the one a block farther away
never is.

When I check the interface monitor on the AP1000 when this is happening, FCS
errors seem high.  In 60,000 frames the last time, there were 7500 FCS errors.

Can anyone suggest any possibilities?  Could it be interference closer in to
the tower?  If so, and it is strong enough to knock out the clients it does
with very strong signals why aren't all effected?

I really appreciate any suggestions or help.

Brett Hays
Hometown Online
www.htonline.net