Re: [Karlnet] How many wireless interfaces does SF-4300(TurboCellSatell

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] How many wireless interfaces does SF-4300(TurboCellSatellite for FlashROM) support?
From: Paul Horak <paulhorak@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 14:24:37 -0700 (PDT)
I think the FlashROM supports a max of 4 interfaces
and at least one has to be ethernet - so you could use
3 radios + 1 ethernet. However, check with Karlnet as
I am not certain.

We use Karlnet for PtP links and find it much improves
the quality of service - I haven't tried StarOS. One
way to save on licensing costs is to use a single user
Turbocell license and connect a router to the RG -
this brings your license cost down to $50 - $60 per
end. However, this does mean you need an extra box to
do all the routing. We started off like this and are
now starting to convert everything to full satellite
licenses and let Karlnet do the routing - simply
because an RG draws much less power and backup power
is much simpler and cheaper if you get rid of the PCs!
In our part of the world power on remote hillsides is
turning out to be pretty unreliable.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Paul