Re: [Karlnet] Linux to RG

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Linux to RG
From: helio@compuland.com.br
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 15:37:40 -0300
On 8 May 2003 at 9:46, Caleb Carroll wrote:

> Probably not.  Karlnet firware aimed at functioning as CPE equipment is
> limited
> to that function and little else.  With SR-4100 you can program it to be a
> TurboCell Base Station but this will only allow you to connect another RG, and
> not a Windows or Linux PC Client.

You're right. Thanks.

I need the following setup:

WISP (AP1000) ---  HOME ---- BUILDING

Due to geographic constraints, I need "HOME" to be the conection
between the AP and the BUILDING. BUT I would like also to run
NAT (128K) in HOME.

My first idea (to avoid using a router or a linux box) was to use 2
RG's with Karlnet, but it would not work.

Since I could NOT route/nat at same time, I could not use a WPBASE+
either...

Maybe one of the RG's running a sec client would do the trick ?

Thanks,
Helio.

-
CompuLand ISP Admin