[Karlnet] linux turbocell satellite compatibility?

Subject: [Karlnet] linux turbocell satellite compatibility?
From: "Bruno Lopes F. Cabral" <bruno@openline.com.br>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 07:53:50 -0300
Hi there

thanks for the input on the TC link, I'll try it as soon as time
permits and post any results here :-)

now another question:

I read many threads on this list about low cost CPEs. we use
here USRobotics USR2450 (about US$115) with home made
openap variants (more info on http://opensource.instant802.com).

In other words, we run linux on these APs

I'd like to know if I can modify it to use the linux turbocell
satellite driver from
http://www.karlnet.com/Product/Products/LINUX%20TurboCell%20Satellite.htm

- can linux TC sat be used on kernel 2.4.20?

- does it replace the pcmcia driver (orinoco_cs? hostap_cs?)
entirely or what?

- does it work with prism pccards or only with orinoco pccards?

- how big is it? (to see if it will fit on the limited flash space we have)

- does it work with prism PCI cards like Linksys WMP11 PCI?

- is it capable of doing point to point or only satellite<>base connectivity?

any info/FAQ/pointers/even RTFM would be greatelly appreciated

please my excuses for not writing karlnet directly about this, but their
website doens't provide much info and I feel that they read this list

Cheers
!3runo
from Brazil