Re: [Karlnet] Real signal strength readings on PRISM 2.5 radios

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Real signal strength readings on PRISM 2.5 radios
From: "Caleb Carroll" <karlnet@pathcom.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 12:08:59 -0600
Here is a list of link test situations and what happens in each situation:

1> Link Test from AP with Agere/Orinoco/Avaya card to Client with Prism 2.5
card: ALL VALUES REPORTED.
2> Link Test from Client with Prism 2.5 card to AP with Agere/Orinoco/Avaya
card: Local Levels NOT REPORTED.  Remote Levels reported.

3> Link Test from AP with Prism 2.5 card to CPE with Agere/Orinoco/Avaya card:
Local Levels NOT REPORTED.  Remote Levels reported.
4> Link Test from RG with Agere/Orinoco/Avaya card to AP with Prism 2.5 card:
ALL VALUES REPORTED.

You should be able to see the pattern starting to develop here...