RE: [Karlnet] AP-1000 Ethernet port stuffed ?

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] AP-1000 Ethernet port stuffed ?
From: Roger Boggs <rogerboggs@att.net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 12:32:36 -0400
It could also be the most common mistake of putting it in forced reload mode,
trying to do an Open Remote Config on it, and getting the infamous "Signtature
of Remote Bridge Not Recognized" message on it.

What are the error messages that we're seeing? When you do put it in forced reload
mode, do you get a link light on the PC's ethernet interface?

If you're doing a forced reload of the firmware, you can only do an Open Config File,
followed by the MAC address information and Serial Key, then an upload firmware.

I flushed most of this thread away without reading, so apologies are in order if this
has already been covered or ruled out.

At 11:46 AM 5/19/03 -0500, you wrote:
>I have an AP-1000 flashed with v4.31 firmware & I can not seem to access
the
>unit via the ethernet port. I have tried reflashing the unit but it will
not
>let me at the ethernet port.

can you see the unit in forced reload mode?

>I have managed to access via ndis connection and have changed to other
>ethernet port speeds etc, but it still will not work via that port.

sounds like your ethernet port is blown

>Does anyone have any ideas on what else I could try, if not then could the
>ethernet port be faulty, can they be repaired or is it possible to get the
>license transfered to another MAC address on another unit that does
>acctually work ?

usually, you should be able to get your license transferred - that depends
on your reseller

-Charles