Re: [Karlnet] Is this interference?

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Is this interference?
From: "Nenad Orlic" <internet@madnet.co.yu>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 09:38:02 +0200
> If not, it is kind of a headscratcher.  Any way - just for grins - that
> you> can go up to the base station and turn OFF polling and see what
happens?
> I've seen numerous Karlnet networks take off and start flying when polling
was turned off.
> Go figure.

I've talked few times with karlnet tech support about this. They do not have
the idea why this is happening or they are just playing dumb (or both).
Pooling is performing much better in versions 3.xx then in versions 4.xx.
Their response to that was 'well switch the stations back to 3.xx' (but they
just didn't told me how to do they think to do that on new boards).

But turning of pooling will not solve your problems. At least not for a long
time. When you do that, station will work much better with clients but only
on light load. As soon as usage goes over 500kbit you'll see your station
going down....

Still waiting for any solution from karlnet about this...
There is also interesting problem with new karlnet boards, working with
kalrnet to see what exactly the problem is. It seems that traffic from
wireless to Ethernet port is not being transferred well resulting in poor
outgoing traffic performance. Problem with MTU or 'SuperPacketAggregation'?
If later, both Turbocell main features are flawed??!

greetings, Nenad
www.madnet.co.yu