RE: [Karlnet] Is this interference?

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Is this interference?
From: "Nate McLain" <nate@ctrail.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 15:44:02 -0500
Howdy Guys!!

You can have up to 3 radio interfaces and 1 ethernet. If you buy the HF-600
Flashrom Module. KN also has a HF-500 module that is a 2 port version... It
is a waste as far as I'm concerned. You might as well have the extra
interfaces at your disposal just in case you need it.
I have 20 flashrom units in the field right now. The most users I have on
one unit is about 40.
I haven't had a problem with polling like everyone has described. But I have
filed it away in my memory bank...

I will tell you this. I have all of them outdoor mounted and I wish they
were all inside.... ;-) Like Steve said.. It sucks when it is raining and
you need to get up there and work on them...
I only have 2 flashrom units on an actual tower and they are at 330'. And it
would be allot nicer to have them in the shack to work on. The others are
all on grain elevators and I have them mounted in NEMA boxes with large fans
on them to keep the air moving. But you can move all the air you want, but
if the air is too hot.. they don't perform as well. Just like anything
else...
So I agree 100% with Steve. Rack mount them and make your life easier.....
It is more expensive to run the larger feedline to the antennas but it is
easier to protect your equipment with grounding kits as well.

I would also like to extend the invitation to everyone that is curious about
flashrom units. I would be more then happy to answer any questions if you
have any. And if you don't want to build the flashrom unit let me know. I'm
sure there are several of us that can get you all setup.

Cheers,

Nate