Re: [Karlnet] KN v4.43k Released Today

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] KN v4.43k Released Today
From: Chris Conn <cconn@abacom.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 15:50:57 -0400
Bob Hrbek wrote:
What is Receiver Stuck Detection?  Is that the RG lockup issue where low
signal or low use causes the RG to drop off?

This is a condition where the satellite will ceace to participate in a Turbocell network, and from my understanding occured by or through the firmwares > 6.08 and < 8.72(4). The greater the inter-satellite visibility in a network, the greater the possibility the satellite would dissapear. This particular problem did not to my knowledge have to do with low usage, however the update is a functional fix to the problem mentioned above.

When a satellite was in this state, the 802.11b interface would be in a DOWN state, however the error counters would increase, indicating the presence of signal/packets, but the satellite was essentially off the network.

Chris