[Karlnet] Solar Flares..does this sound credible?

To: <isp-wireless@isp-wireless.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] Solar Flares..does this sound credible?
From: "Brett Hays" <bretth@htonline.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 22:03:31 -0500
I have been fighting an intermittent signal problem for about four weeks now. I
have changed out every bit of hardware, checked and rechecked every setting
(was working fine for months with same settings anyway) to no avail.  Comes on,
all clients show low signal, some fall offline...lasts from 5 minutes to 30
minutes then all is well again.  Happens at random times but usually in the
evening.

Anyway, I had a friend who works for a company that does a lot of two way radio
repeaters, trunking, etc climb to swap out an amp at the top of a tower today.
He told me they have been having a lot of problems the last four months with
their 800-900mhz trunking systems and they (as well as some other companies
they work with) believe it is due to solar flare activities. Apparantly some of
the largest solar flares ever recorded have been the last month or so.

Has anyone else seen this sort of problem lately?  Does this sound plausible at
all?  Just curious as to input from others. Our problem occurred today and when
I checked the solar activity plots they directed me to
(http://solar.sec.noaa.gov/rt_plots/), I did see a spike in activity coinciding
with the time of our problem. (Although I really don't have a clue what I am
looking at, anyone understand this stuff more that can explain it?)

At any rate, just looking for input.  Discuss.