RE: [Karlnet] bandwidth management

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] bandwidth management
From: "Andy Henckel" <andy@multibandcom.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:54:53 -0600
Once you get 250 customers on the same bridged wireless network, I'd say
throttling at cpe is a must.   One single unit presents a single point of
failure, and the inability to isolate network problems to one site.  We have
been using YDI bandwidth manager for our wireless network.  Without it, people
can and will use all of the available bandwidth. Probably only a handful of our
customers use the connection like that.  It is essential to give everyone a
chance to get bandwidth.   We have recently added turbocell with one of many
benefits being the ability to set speed on the CPE or on the BASE.