[Karlnet] FTP issue with v4.44

Subject: [Karlnet] FTP issue with v4.44
From: "Norm Young" <lists@applegatebroadband.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 16:32:15 -0800
I think I may have uncovered a problem with v4.44-00-103012.   I loaded it
on a KN-200 with two PRISM 2.5 100mW cards about a month ago, and started to
get reports that FTP wouldn't work only for clients associated with
802.11b/4---and that only after the AP had been up for a few days.  No other
problems with clients on that side.  The device is bridged, and there is no
protocol filtering.  I confirmed that it was a problem only with 802.11b/4,
as I'm connected to /3, and FTP worked fine while simulataneously failing on
/4.   I checked several clients personally that are serviced by /4
yesterday---and the problem manifests itself on both KN-50 and RG clients
that are associated with /4.  The problem goes away as soon as the AP is
rebooted, only to reappear some days later.

Norm