RE: [Karlnet] RE: Locator

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] RE: Locator
From: "Charles Chia Sheng Wu" <cwu@cwlab.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 15:12:59 -0600
>Thanks for the locator Charles.  But once I found the device (on an IP
>totally different from the one in the manual that came with it), I could
not
>connect with the default blank username and password as listed in the
manual
>that came with the Ubicom.

username: karlnet
password: public

>I must say that this is quite pathetic.  I purchased the device from you,
>and it came without the two most important pieces of software/information,
>1) the locator, and 2) the password.  I had to contact the list to find out
>about the locator and I had to dig into the list archives to find the
>default username/password.  And in doing so, I also found out that others
>have had the same issues.

>You might want to consider improving your customer service planning by
>providing this information along with the products you sell.

Ben, you purchased the Ubicom from us back in September, back when we first
released the product...we were under intensive pressure from our customers
(demanding a lower cost CPE) to get the unit out, (coupled w/ the fact that
KarlNet and Ubicom don't supply much documentation to begin with) so we may
have shipped the first few units w/out all the underlying documentation (but
seriously, most KarlNet users are use to a lack of documentation, and
mailing lists like these prove really helpful <g>)

Since then, we have improved our customer service and documentation on the
Ubicoms/KN-50s and now include quickstart guide w/ every KN-50 / Ubicom
device that we are shipping.  We also have a customer service email
ticketing system (support@cwlab.com) to help aid in any issues you might
have.

I apologize for any difficulties that we may have caused, but please
understand that we are under intensive pressure to just "get things out,"
and sometimes, we may elect to sacrifice a few things to fulfill that need.
HOWEVER, we are always available to provide support, and continue working
our hardest to ensure that you are happy.

In all honesty, how many other KarlNet vendors (or other vendor resellers)
dedicate support staff to monitor these listservs and help people out (most
rely on manufacturers)

Seriously, how many other vendors out there are responding to your gripe on
a Sunday afternoon...

If you have any more issues or concerns, feel free to call me personally, my
contact info is listed below

-Charles

KarlNet Preferred Channel Partner
http://www.karlnet.com/Partners/Distribution/PartnersDistNAmerica.htm
Ask us about our CPE leasing solutions...
773.667.4585x334 (o)
773.457.0718 (m)
773.632.0571 (f)