[Karlnet] Hang up of the cell

To: karlnet@wispnotes.com
Subject: [Karlnet] Hang up of the cell
From: Karlnet Posting Promo Systems <karlnet@promosystems.nl>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:23:50 +0100
Hello

We have a large network in holland created with Turbocell
On this moment we have a strange problem with a POP location.

The site situation is described as below.

The problem is: The 2 cells works normal, ping times to the users are 20ms
average.
Sometimes in the cells the ping times go from 20ms
-100-500-600-1200-2000-timeout
The interface monitor on the base says that the traffic is normal (100
-300KByte/s)
But the user don't get much data en the ping times goes from timeout - 2400ms
- timeout

When I reset cell 2 the situation goes back to normal, pingtimes are back to
20 - 30ms
Sometimes after cell 2 is back from reboot the same happens again (3-4 times)
Other times the cells stays good for several hours and then it happens again.
Resetting the switch does the same.

We have set the eth interfaces to full duplex / 10Mbit on advice of Karlnet
but it doesnt help.

Does anyone an idea, please let me know

Marco Eegdeman
Marco@promosystems.nl

--------------

Site Situation

In the beginning we used ap1000 and wavepointII.
After the RG+ came available we replaced the WPII with the RG+ (KN100)

Now we have a location with 2 cells and a PTP all on 2,4Ghz
The PTP is no TurboCell
Cell 1 = Ch1  (KN100)
Cell 2 = Ch9  (KN202) new RG+
PTP = Ch13

Our Network on that location is:

PTP => Linux Router => Switch => KN100 and a KN202 base ISP

Our clients are bridged from the cell (RG1100 and Ubicom about 25 clients in
each cell) to the base, from there the are routed to the Internet.

80% of the clients are NAT routed bij the linux router.
20% of the users have a Public IP and are also routed bij the linux router

We use the latest firmware 4.44.01 in the RG+ and the RG1100. The ubicoms are
of course factory default