RE: [Karlnet] Broadcast storms

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Broadcast storms
From: "Andy Henckel" <ahenckel@transaria.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:31:46 -0600
You create direct routes for those net works on interface 4.  So 174.18.4.1 and
5.1.  All the clients and KN-50's point to their respective gateway, the 5.1 or
4.1.

Then on the Ethernet interface of your TC base, you set it to 174.18.0.10,
again a direct route.

On your upstream router, of course it must have an ip, if only a secondary, on
its interface... let's say 174.18.0.10.  And then you make a route on that
device for the .4.0 and .5.0 nets to the 174.18.0.10.
Set NAT pool access list to allow the 174.18.0.0 0.0.255.255

And there you be.
If you want to give customers a public network inside their SOHO router.  Then
you add a route on the upstream router to the 174.18.0.10, and then an indirect
route on the TC Router to the IP of their wan port, in this example 174.18.5.2
being the first customer.   Then assign the public network to the LAN interface
on their SOHO, and turn of NAT, and they have public network.

I also had problems with the older Karlnet firmware versions and routing.. some
screwy thing about the device not wanting to route for different subnets.. but
it's fixed in V4.

Andy