Re: [Karlnet] Broadcast storms

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Broadcast storms
From: "Norm Young" <lists@applegatebroadband.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 12:26:01 -0700
I would be happy to let an AP do what it's best at, and have a router behind
it, but I've got a solar powered WIPOP, where power is at an extreme
premium, so I need to use the routing functionality in the AP(s).  That
said, I'm going to go to a 5.8 backbone this summer, and I'm thinking about
Mikrotik or StarOS because of their imbedded routing functionality.  (Anyone
had experience with either as a backhaul using 5.8GHz?)

Norm