Re: [Karlnet] AP LOCK up/ won't pass ip traffic but link test works

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] AP LOCK up/ won't pass ip traffic but link test works
From: "Banda" <banda_mlkarlnet@net.hr>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:07:48 +0200
> I have noticed when this happens (I can't ping, but can link test fine)
> the in discards go through the roof

This is happening to me with 4.44-02 on base, about every 10-30 minutes when
bandwidth usage is over 1Mbps and divided over two or more (polling) active
clients (active = transfering at the moment). Maybe Dan is right - I also
have one client with bad signal/ocasional interference, maybe this is the
cause?
HINT TO KARLNET: recheck your "smart" polling that you "improved" in 4.4x
firmwares.

Never had any problems like that with 4.31. I was FORCED to upgrade only
because KN105/205 (4.43k and above) don't play well with firmware 4.31 (if
you're using base polling). Heard horror stories about 4.45 (packet loss,
latency, ..), and not even thinking to upgrade at the moment.

go wireless,
banda