RE: [Karlnet] AP LOCK up/ won't pass ip traffic but link test works

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] AP LOCK up/ won't pass ip traffic but link test works
From: Paul Horak <paulhorak@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 02:15:35 -0700 (PDT)
> during the day.. it
> appears that all it takes for a karlnet cpe to get
> jammed w/
> interference or poor signal and it brings down the
> entire AP

I think you are spot on there. We have seen this issue
too, when a client with a poor connection is added to
the AP. The solution in our case has always been to
'fix' the poor connection or remove that client from
the AP. As soon as we do, the problem goes away. I saw
it for the first time about two years ago. It seems
Karlnet clients will hold up longer than anything else
(we've seen) in poor conditions - but if you push your
luck too far you'll bring down the whole AP (at least
for short periods). However, it would be good to see
Karlnet introduce something to 'error check' for the
problem and do something to protect the majority of
users of the AP.

Cheers,

Paul