Re: [Karlnet] AP LOCK up/ won't pass ip traffic but link test works

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] AP LOCK up/ won't pass ip traffic but link test works
From: "Banda" <banda_mlkarlnet@net.hr>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:39:42 +0200
> similar situations. I should try a KN-10x at some point to see if it helps
> (i.e. to rule out software problem with KN-50.) I still have some clients
> who are living with the problem so I still have the chance to try that.

This has NOTHING to do with KN-50 (as it was concluded before few months,
and yet - people still have problems). I don't have any KN-50 in my network
and getting this more and more.
When it's get stuck, it doesn't just do discarded retransmits on "flaky"
client, but on more active clients in that moment (or moment before
everything get stuck). Those clients have perfect signal.

This started to ME when:
1. I upgrade from 4.31 to 4.4x+ firmware (I was forced because point 2. and
5. ).
2. I started using KN200/205 boards in my network (one of the interfaces is
sattelite to main base).

I can assure you that:
3. It doesn't have anything to do with KN50 (I don't have any).
4. It doesn't have anything to do with grounding (my base that is getting
locked is NOT located at the tower and everything is proprerly grounded).
5. I don't have mixed firmwares on same network (known to cause "polling"
lockups).
6. I have one client with weak signal, but it existed even before (on 4.31)
when I didn't have this kind of problems.
7. I'm located in very noisy area.

Hope it helps!

go wireless,
banda