Re: [Karlnet] Versions

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Versions
From: "Banda" <banda_mlkarlnet@net.hr>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 10:08:20 +0200
Most likely no, but I'll explain.

There were major firmware change regarding polling somewhere between 4.31
and 4.43. So if you're using older 4.31 and newer then 4.43, polling
algoritam is different and this is causing strange network behaviour
(latency over 1000 ms after few minutes of using). As long as you don't have
polling ISP Base mode on, you're fine (that includes all p2p links).

So, this would be your problem.... BUT, (as far I'm aware) 3.88 don't have
polling at all, so you're operating your network without polling. You're
ping times are probably result of high traffic or something like that. In
your case, only advantage over 802.11b network is TC superpacket
aggregation. For more info on turbocell technology, see TC white paper
(visit www.karlnet.com).

Hope it helps,
banda