NA-User

[na-user] re: bug in ver 9.16?

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] re: bug in ver 9.16?
From: dave@egh.com (David Clemons)
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 16:42:19 -0400
Hi,
        I just found out about this reflector today.  I bought 9.16 for the
IBM PC-XT about 13 months ago.  I have had a problem in IARU and NAQP
operations.  Partway into the contest, if I type in a call and then
either 1.) hit CHECK CALL or 2.) hit <space> or 3.) hit <return>, the
computer will lockup if the call is a dupe.  (It will print the dupe warning
message first.)  I then have to reboot.  The only way around this is to
always hit CHECK PARTIAL before the <return> key.  It doesn't seem to happen
necessarily on every dupe, but I would guess that 30%-50% will cause it.
(That means I can only once in awhile get away with forgetting CHECK PARTIAL.)
        I looked through all the archives and saw nothing on this
problem.  Is there something that someone remembers about this? Is there
something I am doing wrong?  Perhaps the problem is only in the PC-XT
version?  Any help would be appreciated.

73, Dave Clemons K1VUT
email:    dave@egh.com

--
Submissions:              na-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org