Re: [Orion] Orion Rcve

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion Rcve
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 00:44:21 -0500
Skip,

Unfortunately you get a lot of "I've had my Orion since day zero and
I never have that problem"!! The truth is that everybody that is
running firmware beyond about v1.369 has the same darned problem as
everyone else, even if they don't want to admit it! I think some
guy's baby their radio and others really do use it, trying to get
maximum performance out of it. A lot of guys just don't want to
acknowledge the Orion firmware is still flawed....but it is.

It does very little good to raise the issues on the reflectors
because all you will get is, 1) do a master reset, 2) do a ram
clear, 3) if it's not satisfactory to you, maybe you should sell it.
Heck, I was even told, more than once, that I should not complain so
much about the fact that the Orion won't key correct with a Ten Tec
amplifier in the keying loop because I may be hurting sales or
hurting Ten Tec.  Like I'm supposed to spend my $3300 bucks, the
radio not work correct, and I'm supposed to smile and love getting
screwed!
Tom - W4BQF