Re: [Orion] Orion Rcve

To: Grant Youngman <nq5t@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion Rcve
From: "R. Kevin Stover" <rkstover@mchsi.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 09:23:06 -0600
  or is just plain so stupid they actually
> installed the latest firmware release, which of course is so RIDDEN with
> problems that the radio is largely rendered useless.
>
> It never ends ...
>

> Grant/NQ5T

If there's a problem with the firmware update then the reponsible thing
for Ten-Tec to do is pull it. Which firmware revision ships with the new
radios? If Ten Tec ships new rigs with the latest "RIDDEN with problems"
firmware they are creating a huge mess. If they're not, why make the
crappy firmware update available in the first place?

Somebody high in the food chain at TT needs to grab the person
responsible for the firmware by the short hair and say fix it or get out.

I've been waiting patiently for TT to get the bugs out of this
rig/firmware for nye on 2 years now before making a purchase. My
patience is beginning to wear thin. Everything on the radio should work
like designed AND ADVERTISED out of the door. TT shouldn't rely on users
of their product to do the QC and beta testing on new firmware.

Still waiting on a finished radio.

--
R. Kevin Stover ACØH

K2/100 #4684