Re: [Orion] Orion Rcve

To: Barry N1EU <n1eu@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion Rcve
From: "R. Kevin Stover" <rkstover@mchsi.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 20:10:39 -0600
Barry N1EU wrote:

> If I read this correctly, you haven't really used an
> Orion, but you're passing judgement on the firmware
> based on what you read on the reflectors?
>
> ROTFLMAO
>
> 73,
> Barry N1EU

Pick yourself up off the floor Barry, 5 of the 6 responses I got on my
posting were from guys who love the rig. ALL of them report the rig
locking up for various and sundry reasons. I don't think I've ever read
any post on this reflector claiming the bandscope works like it should,
or as advertised.

No, I've never had the opportunity to sit in front of an Orion.
I'm not going to spend that kind of money on the rig and HOPE I'm one of
the apparently, by reflector standards, few users out there that haven't
reported some sort of bug or failure mode on the rig.

I can't believe there are so many users reporting the rig locking up and
Ten-Tec not being able to reproduce it in the lab.

Still patiently waiting.

--
R. Kevin Stover ACØH

K2/100 #4684