Re: [Orion] Orion Rcve

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion Rcve
From: Barry N1EU <n1eu@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 03:19:02 -0800 (PST)
--- "R. Kevin Stover" <rkstover@mchsi.com> wrote:

> Pick yourself up off the floor Barry, 5 of the 6
> posting were from guys who love the rig. ALL of them
> report the rig
> locking up for various and sundry reasons. I don't
> think I've ever read
> any post on this reflector claiming the bandscope
> works like it should,
> or as advertised.
>
> No, I've never had the opportunity to sit in front
> of an Orion.
> I'm not going to spend that kind of money on the rig
> and HOPE I'm one of
> the apparently, by reflector standards, few users
> out there that haven't
> reported some sort of bug or failure mode on the
> rig.

Kevin, it sounds like you're looking for a certified
100% bug-free radio and this will keep you on the
Orion sidelines.  I consider its quirks relatively
minor compared to the performance and enjoyment I get
from the rig, and I've used it quite intensively over
the past 15 months under tough condx.  BTW, no lockups
here with latest firmware and I wouldn't even know
whether the bandscope works or not.

73,
Barry N1EU