Re: [Orion] Orion AF gain

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion AF gain
From: Martin AA6E <msembx-aa6e@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 07:13:30 -0800 (PST)
The Orion mute function (unlabeled encoder push) is too clever by half.
 Even knowing about it, I find I sometimes screw up with it.  The
on-screen indication is very subtle.  Why couldn't they say "Muted" on
the screen?

I was curious how the IC-7800 handles muting.  Apparently, it doesn't
have a front panel button, but there is an external mute control line.
The '7800 does seem to find front panel space for a pretty complete
parallel set of main/sub receiver controls.  I've posted a high-res
shot at http://www.aa6e.net/images/ic_7800.jpg (164K).

73, Martin AA6E