[Orion] Orion

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] Orion
From: "Ken Cressman" <kcressman@iw.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 06:36:41 -0500
First time out of the chute , enjoy my orion 565, 1372 don't care for 2056
,audio not as good on transmit ,overload on monitor unless down to 2 on
monitor level, nr,stepped dsp takes out to much signal on weak
signals,though highly effective on noise ,   rf gain reduction,  not as
effective at pulling weak sigs when qrn high .These comments are for 2056
much prefer 1372 firmware .A new version 2 firmware ,I have heard will be
out soon for Orion 565 perhaps that will fix what I don't care for. Until
then staying with 1372. Orion 565 great radio. Noticeably better than Yaesu
mark v even with Inrad roofing filters.