[Orion] Orion II and headphone audio ?

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] Orion II and headphone audio ?
From: <dbp@tds.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 0:02:31 +0000
Hi-
 I have an Orion II which is used on CW and puts out good sounding audio into
the speaker; but when I use any of 3 stereo headphones that had worked fine on
my original Orion, the audio is now distorted. Bandwidth is not a factor. If I
reduce the RF gain to 70 it is not distorted. It does not seem to make any
difference at what pitch I am copying CW. I have tried a couple of system
resets while retaining memories, and also not saving memories. Any ideas?

73 de dave in NH