RFI

[RFI] Computer RFI problem

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Computer RFI problem
From: Ian White, G3SEK" <g3sek@ifwtech.co.uk (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 07:55:22 +0100
Rob Atkinson, K5UJ wrote:

>I must say that I find this somewhat far-fetched. I'd like for someone
>to please explain how this can be, in particular the part about a feed
>line dropping down below a vertical antenna, in line with it
>"maximizing the coupling to the main antenna element."  If you want to
>couple your feed line to your antenna as much as possible I would
>advise wrapping it in a spiral around the antenna all the way to the top.

When it comes to "far-fetched" I'm obviously out of my league.

I simply meant that <of all the cable layouts anyone would use in
practice> dropping it down vertically in line with the main antenna
element will give maximum coupling. And indeed it will.

--
73 from Ian G3SEK         'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
                            Editor, 'The VHF/UHF DX Book'