RFI

Re: [RFI] Unknown Signal

To: "Tim Duffy K3LR" <k3lr@k3lr.com>, <STRutledge@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Unknown Signal
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 12:45:38 -0500
I'm hearing it here S9 just north of east of me. It is two distinct carriers
with small separation, exactly as described.

Of course if I move the Bell South 2GHz cordless telephone to our bedroom
from the family room, the unknown signal moves 20 degrees more towards
slightly south of east.

I wouldn't worry about RADAR or anything "spooky". None of that stuff
operates on low frequencies except the large OTH woodpecker stuff that has
been around for years.

I would worry about devices containing microprocessors like cordless phones
and computers.

Maybe someone else will track one down, and see if it is the same or similar
model phone. Could be many models use a time base that has a harmonic on
28635.

73 Tom