RFI

Re: [RFI] TVI

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] TVI
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 20:00:14 -0600
At 04:07 PM 3/6/2004, Pete Smith wrote:

At 04:22 PM 3/6/04 -0500, Tom Rauch wrote:
By far the most effective cure would be installing an outlet strip with
built in lightning protection for cable and electrical at each TV, and
running the cable in through each strip. Be sure the strip you purchase
grounds the CATV jacks directly to the neutral of the power line. ALL
devices must power from that strip.

For a guy who is obviously so into TV/home theater, etc., such strips should be an easy sell.

I went to a high-end music/home theatre store the other day to kill
some time since I was early for picking up my wife at the airport.

They had some very nice power strips.  12 protected and filtered
AC outlets with a half-dozen protected F-connector RF ports.
Plus some LEDs to show 100, 110, 120, 130, 140 VAC and
four or five to show current.  Looked pretty nice for the ham station
until I saw that the price was $250 for a lousy power strip!

I am in the WRONG business!

John W0UN

---