RFI

Re: [RFI] BPL Propaganda, ARRL Rebuttal on NPR's Morning Edition

To: <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] BPL Propaganda, ARRL Rebuttal on NPR's Morning Edition
From: "EDWARDS, EDDIE J" <eedwards@oppd.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:14:49 -0500
Also see:

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2004/04/27/1/?nc=1

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2004/06/25/5/

http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/HTML/plc/cta/haynie-letter.html

http://www.fcc.gov/commissioners/abernathy/biography.html

I'm still surprised by how many hams who are not following the BPL issue
at all!
I once had an active ham whom I respected tell me we would just adapt to
BPL.  I replied, "Yea, we'll all QSY to the internet where we can hear
each other."

In my opinion, and I've participated in a BPL trial here, if BPL becomes
widely used, the old AM-based modes will become unusable and probably CW
too depending on the type of BPL.  Not sure about how some of the
digital modes will fair.

73, de ed