RFI

Re: [RFI] BPL Propaganda, ARRL Rebuttal on NPR's Morning Edition

To: "'Chuck Gooden'" <cgooden@insightbb.com>, <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] BPL Propaganda, ARRL Rebuttal on NPR's Morning Edition
From: "Ed -K0iL" <eedwards@tconl.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:52:17 -0500
Fellas,

Why don't you just e-mail the White House and ask them?  That's what I did.

Their reply was very clear: they are going to do everything they can from
reducing regulations (& enforcement) to whatever-else it takes to aid
development of BPL as one of the broadband options.  But that's all it will
take to eliminate HF operation as we know it today.

However, as I've stated before, utilities may end up doing BPL whether they
provide internet or not.  The REASON for doing BPL is to have an
owner-controlled data network to every electric customer.  The WAY TO PAY
for it is to provide broadband internet access for whoever can't get it or
can't afford it now.

73, de ed -K0iL