RFI

Re: [RFI] BPL news today's WSJ

To: jvpoll@dallas.net, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] BPL news today's WSJ
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 17:15:54 +0000
The Journal story said that in Texas, state regulatory laws have been passed
enabling utilities to spin off companies that can attract investors and
raise capital to finance ventures without using revenue from power
customers.   Other states have not yet done this.

Separately, on an eHam forum for this news item, Ed Hare wrote that this
particular BPL deployment is designed to have minimal RFI with ham radio.
It is the 30 to 50 MHz type, which the Journal did not mention, so may not
be the alarming thing that it first appeared to be.

rob / k5uj