RFI

Re: [RFI] Big Farad versus Hybrid Caps?

To: K1TTT <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Big Farad versus Hybrid Caps?
From: kd4e <doc@kd4e.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 20:48:49 -0500
Again, *ignore* the hype and look at the technology.

The technology works because I own the tiny Gamma PS that
uses it: http://www.gammaresearch.net/hps-1a.html

Here is a paper from the early days of the hybrid technology:
http://www.evanscap.com/carts14.pdf

Maxwell has been working on this a lot as well - it is often
marketed like snake-oil to the audio guys but there is some
hard science buried under all of the hype.

http://www.maxwell.com/ultracapacitors/index.asp

The challenge is to separate the fact from the hype.  The O2
cables
and gold-plated everything is hype ... but let's not toss
the baby
with the bath-water without a close hard look at the science
behind each product.

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
FS/Swap/Wanted: http://kd4e.com/swapn.html