RFI

Re: [RFI] CFL Bulbs that are OK!

To: "RFI Reflector" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] CFL Bulbs that are OK!
From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 09:05:10 -0600
> The good news is that we are getting a lot of comparison points.
>
> The not so good is that they are all over the place regarding noise, warmup,
> and cold weather operation.

It's a good thing the Internet wasn't around in the early days of incandescent
lighting...

[Beyooobeeeyooobeeeyooo time-travel sound effect]

Anybody tried those new "electric" lamps?
    Yes, I did, and they burned out right away - I went back to whale oil.
Complete waste of a penny.
        Don't they have to be installed with special sockets?
            Not only that, the Edison guys have to run wires all the way to
your house!
I heard that the new tungsten filaments last longer.
    Maybe, but that's all mined in the Nevada territory and you know how bad
their quality is.
        The Irish bulbs are better.
What's wrong with kerosene?
    Burned my barn down with it.
        Electric wires burned my neighbor's barn.
            Well, I like the light from the burning barns!  Warm, too!
                Yes, excellent operation in cold weather.
                    Electricity turned me into a newt!
There's a special price on carbon filament bulbs at Farm Depot this year.
    Full barrel discounts, too at Clipper Ship Freight
        That's those Nevada bulbs again
Do those bulbs interfere with radios?
    What's a radio?

73, Ward N0AX